About the Sport
About the U.S. Paddle Tennis Association
The USPTA is a non-profit organization that governs the sport for its members, which includes individuals, municipalities, clubs and leagues. In 2012 the USPTA sanctioned sixteen tournaments with expansion planned across the country. The organization provides national rankings of its members; maintains the official rules and etiquette of the sport; regulates standards for balls, paddles and courts; as well as manages its web site.
The mission of the USPTA is to:
- govern the sport;
- grow participation among all levels and types of players and across all regions;
- improve all aspects of the game. We will accomplish this mission by:
- maintaining the rules and codes of behavior to ensure the integrity of the game;
- creating and increasing awareness of our sport;
- providing guidance to clubs and municipalities on how to start paddle tennis programs and then how to make those programs successful;
- promoting the sport among current players to raise their level of passion.
- organizing tournaments for all skill levels